For everyone; no chanting experience required.
Immerse yourself in the sacred practice of chant—from the spiritual traditions of India—to quiet the mind, open the heart, and most of all, feel connected. Whether you are an experienced chanter or just beginning, come explore practices that transform you from the inside out, including
- Japa (mantra repetition)
- Asana practice led by Keli Lalita, connecting body and mind with breath and movement, accompanied by live chanting and music
- Group chanting of prayers and kirtan (call-and-response chanting of Divine Names) with the bhakti band
- Recitation of prayers including the Hanuman Chalisa, Devi (Goddess) prayers, and Krishna bhakti tradition prayers
- Puja (devotional offerings)
- Optional early-morning guided meditation.
Take time out to retreat into the hridaya, the cave of your own heart, and create a sustainable personal practice that fits into your daily routine. Word sheets are provided, as well as reading and audio lists for support after the retreat. Come spend time with like-minded seekers and practice together as you strengthen your own practice and find that inner place of refuge to which you can always return.
Yoga will be taught by my dear friend Keli Lalita Reddy.
Saturday, June 23, 7:30–9:30 pm
Nina Rao and Friends
Free for program participants and in-house guests; no general public tickets available.