Immerse yourself in the sacred practice of chant from the spiritual traditions of India to quiet your mind and open your heart. Whether you are an experienced chanter or a beginner, come explore practices that transform you from the inside out, including
- Group japa (mantra repetition)
- Asana practice led by Amanda Harding that connects body and mind with breath and movement, accompanied by live chanting and music by Nina Rao and friends
- Group chanting of prayers and kirtan (call-and-response chanting)
- Simple mantra repetition
- Recitation of specific prayers such as the Hanuman Chalisa, Lalita Saharasranam, and Mahishasura Mardini Stotram
- Puja (devotional offerings).
Take time out to retreat into the heart space and create a sustainable personal practice that fits into your daily routine at home. Word sheets will be provided, as well as reading and audio lists for support after the retreat. By spending time with like-minded seekers and practicing together, you strengthen your own practice and find that inner place of refuge to which you can always return.